Actual color may vary from on-screen representation.
CHOOSING A COLOR
Sometimes it can feel like picking a paint color is a bigger challenge than actually painting. So, how do you choose? Here are a few things to consider while narrowing down your color choices.
DAYLIGHT VS. EVENING
The same paint color can look totally different from day to night - and that’s because of natural light. Consider how much sunlight (or artificial light) shines in the room you’re painting, and what time of day you spend time in that room. These factors mean it’s especially important to try paint samples and see the colors for yourself.
For best results:
- Paint your color samples on the wall and leave them up for a couple of days.
- Look at the colors throughout the day, in different light, to ensure you are seeing the true color that will be in your room.
COLOR AND HOME VALUE
Some colors can even increase the value of your home. Projects as simple as painting the front door can have a significant impact on your home’s sale price!
TRIM COLOR TIPS
Remember to choose a trim color, too. Although it’s a small part of a room, it can have a big impact.
- Use the same color as your wall for a more trendy look, which can also make your room look bigger.
- Go light for a traditional look that accents your walls.
- Feeling bold? Paint your trim a dark color.
- You can unite your rooms by using the same trim color throughout your whole home.